We have always hated that food production is such a wasteful industry with leftovers going into landfill, polystyrene & plastic cutlery still being used and poor wages being paid. We have never subscribed to that nonsense.
The food waste charity WRAP finds £196 per person is spent on food that goes straight into the bin. Over a lifetime LoveMoney.com says the average Brit will throw away £12,350 worth of food. It’s time to act. At Doing Good Catering we:
- Pay Real Living Wages
- Grow our own salad & herbs, root veg and fruits on our organic allotment
- Aim to use in-season food to reduce the carbon footprint
- Final numbers can be taken 72 hours before an event to reduce waste
- Use washable, reusable cutlery and plates where appropriate
- Use Fair Trade ingredients where available as standard
- The majority of our menus are vegan or vegetarian menu (we also provide ‘happy’ meat options)
- Fish is sustainably sourced
- Use non-GMO ingredients
- Local suppliers (50-mile radius) are used where practicable
- Use 100% bio-degradable products when absolutely necessary
- Provide wooden and cardboard packaging for business customers
- We scrutinise quantities so ensure fewer leftovers
Use Doing Good Catering to be sure your event is catered for sustainably.